The KITCard is a multifunctional student identity chip card that can be used by all KIT employees and students since 2004 and includes the following functions
- Wallet (Mensa, SCC, KIT Library South, Administration)
- Access control (SCC, KIT Library South, Institutes)
- System access to the computer systems
- Library card
- Self-service function for student and examination administration
- Semester ticket issued by the Karlsruhe Transport Association (KVV)
- Vehicle entry permit
Chip card characteristics:
- KIT logo
- Photo of the cardholder
- Name, title, card number
- Contactless chip (Mifare Chip MF1 IC 850)
The individual functions can be freely selected. The issuance of the chip card is free of charge. The chip card accompanies you during your entire studies at KIT. It is issued in Building no. 10.12 (ground floor) opposite Studienbüro 2. In case of loss, a replacement card will be issued (please pay 15 euros).
Read more about the KITCard.
For students with visual impairments, the KITCard shows limitations due to a lack of acoustic information. Functions such as debits are carried out via a card reader and are displayed optically.